As poets, there are a lot of ways to make money. For the life of me, I don’t understand why more of us aren’t trying to submit what we write to greeting card companies! Now, I posted this before, but hopefully, you will see this now that it’s been laid out…
Try it out! You just may be in a Hallmark near you!
- American Greetings: Doesn’t accept unsolicited material. Request guidelines and query your ideas first. Currently, they’re only looking for funny stuff, and trust me, it has to be good.
- Blue Mountain Arts: Pays $300 for greeting card slogans. Follow link for guidelines.
- Designer Greetings: Follow link to guidelines.
- Ephemera, Inc. – Pays $50/slogan. Looking for irreverent, provocative material. Follow link for guidelines.
- Gallant Greeting Corp.- Pays $45/slogan. Contact for guidelines.
- Kalan: Pays $60 – $150. Contact for guidelines.
- Marian Health Greeting Cards: Contact for guidelines. Looking for positivity – no snark.
- Moonlighting Cards – Pays $25/slogan – Looking for “love” cards for all occassions. Stress that you must read their guidelines before querying.
- Novo Card Publishers: Read online guidelines.
- Oatmeal Studios: Looking for funny stuff. See online guidelines for submission information.
- Paper Magic Group: Manufacturer of boxed Christmas cards. Contact for guidelines.
- Papyrus Design: Looking for unique slogans. Contact for guidelines.
- Recycled Paper Greetings: Contact for guidelines.
- Rockshots: Pays $50/gag. Looking for gag lines of an adult nature.
- Snafu Designs – Pays $100/slogan or idea. Contact for guidelines.